Support.com Cloud for NetSuite CRM
This guide is intended to assist software developers and system administrators who want to configure our Support.com Cloud SuiteApp.
Oftentimes, our customers have an existing CRM system that they would like to integrate with Support.com Cloud to provide a more seamless agent experience. This documentation provides further detail on what the NetSuite integration provides and how to get support if you have questions.
A complete & modern solution to optimize service delivery
With the Support.com Cloud SuiteApp, everything agents need to resolve customer issues is right in front of them – including prior customer activity and information. Advanced support functionality, like remote video with annotations, reside directly within the NetSuite CRM to provide complete, unified service delivery.
- Guided Paths® transform your existing support processes into easy to follow steps that improve productivity by providing agents with the right information at the right time.
- Co-browsing and remote control functionality provide effortless visibility into the end-user environment and reduce costs associated with complex support delivery.
- SeeSupport live remote video eases customer frustration – support reps can see exactly what the end-user is seeing, all through the customer’s smartphone or tablet camera.
- Remote control device data capture and the ability to push fix-it, diagnostic, and app software reduces customer effort and decreases time to resolution.
Guidelines for Use
When assigning users to cases, don’t assign users who are members of the ‘Administrator’ role.
This release supports Sessions, Guided Paths and Agent Assignments only, Device information, and integration into certain NetSuite out-of-the-box reporting.
A general known issue is that users should not attempt to reinstall this bundle for troubleshooting purposes. Upgrading to a newer version of this bundle replaces the objects from the prior bundle and those objects cannot be restored.
Installing the Bundle <ul>
- Ensure CUSTOMER SUPPORT AND SERVICE is enabled under Setup->CRM->Basic Features
- Only NetSuite Administrators should install this bundle.
- Support.com Cloud tenant needs to already be registered. Only a Support.com Cloud Admin user can complete the Support.com Cloud configuration steps.
If you are an account administrator or you have the SuiteBundler permission, you can complete the following steps to install a bundle in your account.
- Install the Support.com bundle
- Go to Customization > SuiteBundler > Search & Install Bundles, then choose the bundle you want to install.
- Enter support.com in the keywords search box and click [Search]
- In the results list, click the Support.com Cloud link with the highest number.
- Review the Preview Bundle Install Page. This page lists the bundle objects that will be installed. Here, you can indicate how to resolve conflicts between bundle objects and target account objects with the same names or script IDs, set installation preferences for some objects, and lock some objects so target account users cannot change them. For details, see Reviewing the Preview Bundle Install Page.
- When you are ready, click the Install Bundle button to begin the installation process. For details, see Starting the Bundle Installation Process.
- When installation completes, you should see a green status check mark indicating the bundle was successfully installed.
- Log in to your Support.com Cloud account with administrator access.
- Add New Authentication
- Navigate to Admin > Integration > Authentication
- Click [Add New]
- Fill out the form as instructed by your Support.com Cloud Account Manager
- Click the gears icon just below Authentication Type to generate a unique API Key
- Copy or write down the generated Endpoint URL and API Key from this page - you’ll need them in the NetSuite Configuration.
- Click [Save]
- Add New Access Point
- Creating an access point in Support.com Cloud requires some information from NetSuite and filling out a form in Support.com Cloud.
- In NetSuite:
- Navigate to Customization > Scripting > Script Deployments
- Under the Filters > Script section choose SDC_API_ReceiveEventNotification from the SCRIPT dropdown
- Click [View] on the result shown to open the deployment record
- On the script deployment record, copy the EXTERNAL URL value to be used as the Events Endpoint URL on the Support.com Cloud Admin console
- In Support.com Cloud:
- Navigate to Admin > Integration > Access Points
- Click [Add New]
- Fill out the form as shown below.
- API Account - choose an existing or add a new one by clicking the plus [+].
- Events Endpoint URL - should be the EXTERNAL URL value gathered from NetSuite above.
- Events - Select all
- Click [Save]
- Client Secret - take note of this for use in NetSuite Configuration
- Populate the NetSuite Configuration Record
- Once your Support.com Cloud configuration is complete, return to NetSuite to complete configuration. When logged in as NetSuite Administrator, you should see Support.com in your main menu.
- Navigate to Support.com > Configuration > SDC Cloud Configuration > New
- Fill out the form following the guidelines provided by your Support.com Cloud Account Manager
- AUTHENTICATION ENDPOINT - use the Endpoint URL from the authentication page. (this one has “support.com” in the URL)
- AUTHENTICATION KEY - use the API Key from the authentication page.
- REST API ENDPOINT - enter https://
.nexus.support.com/api/v1 replacing with your assigned Support.com tenant name. This is the same host name that you see after logging in to Support.com Cloud.</li>
- ACCESSPOINT CLIENT SECRET - use the Client Secret value from the access point page
- Click [Save] to save your changes.</ol>
- Assign Users to Roles
- Assign your support personnel to the role SDC Customer Service Rep. Note that for security these users cannot also have the Administrator role.
- Testing Installation
- Note that only NetSuite administrators can install the bundle.
- Log in as a user with the SDC Customer Service Rep role
- Create and save a new support case
- View the new case and Click the [Support.com] button to launch a new Support.com Session
- Interact with the Support.com interface
- Return to the case in view mode and you see records under the Support.com tab
- NetSuite recommends that administrators who install a bundle test that bundle using a NetSuite Sandbox account.
</br> Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
</br> Phone: 650-556-8594
</br> Business Hours (Time Zone): 9am to 5pm PT
</br> Estimated Response Time: 4 hours
</br> To create a support ticket: https://help.support.com/support/tickets/new ## NetSuite Disclaimer NetSuite does not test, approve, or support SuiteBundles developed by our partners or our customers. NETSUITE MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND RELATED TO BUNDLES, INSTALLATION OF A BUNDLE IN A NETSUITE ACCOUNT OR ITS USE WITH A NETSUITE ACCOUNT, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, AND NETSUITE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, NETSUITE DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT USE OF THE BUNDLE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT YOUR USE OF NETSUITE SERVICE WITH THE BUNDLE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR FREE FROM ERROR. IN NO EVENT SHALL NETSUITE HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE BUNDLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, COVER OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, HOWEVER CAUSED, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR UNDER ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, AND WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NETSUITE SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE OR DATA OR FOR INTERRUPTIONS IN SERVICE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE BUNDLE. THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMER SHALL NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW.